25547 Lake Road – 1845. Dexter Tuttle came from Massachusetts in 1823 when he was 16 years old. His family drove an ox cart, waded across the Cuyahoga and Rocky Rivers, and settled in Rockport (now Rocky River). He married and moved to Dover in 1836. He cleared the woods on Lake Road, sometimes called the Old Wagon Road, and built a cabin where he and his wife raised most of their eight children. He built the Tuttle farmhouse between 1840 and 1845, enlarging it when more children were born. It stands today looking very much as it did more than 150 years ago.