603 Bassett Road – 1858. Sometime in 1852, Henry and Katherine Hagedorn and their five children left Hanover, Germany, and made the long and difficult journey to America. After several transactions, they bought 30 acres of land on Bassett Road, where their house still stands. The family attended Trinity Lutheran Church, on West 30th Street and Lorain Avenue in Cleveland, by walking this distance every Sunday morning with no complaint. They carried a lunch basket and returned in the evening. In 1858, they helped organize St. Paul Lutheran Church.